On dialysis for kidney failure. Infection on the toe. Using knee walker and walking with a cast. Any advice?

I am in kidney failure, in dialysis . I have nephrology in both feet 2 months ago I had an infection in my left big toe . They wanted To amputate but I manage to get rid of the infection. I have been walking with a cast to avoid pressure on my toe and Also been using a knee walker. I can t still stand on my foot. The big toe is very tender, I have new skin on that toe. Is this the nephrology that causing this pain, the toe is not swollen or red so I don t think it s infection...//
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012