On depo shots. Having spotting, cramps in regular intervals. Common with depo?

good morning or afternoon doctor :) my name is brittnie and i m 22 years old. i have been on the depo shot for 6 months now and am not due for a shot til march. i woke up this morning spotting with severe low cramps , between my hip bones and lower back. the cramps feel like normal menstrual cramps with sharp almost unbearable pains lasting 8 seconds every 5 to 10 minutes or so. i m nervous about how intense these pains are. should i seek medical attention or is this a common issue with the depo? thank you so much, brittnie
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013