On depo shots. Abdominal cramps, spotting. Chances of miscarriage?

Hi I have been sterilizes about 3 years ago and went on depo injections just to be safe. I stopped taking it more that 8 months ago but did not have my period. About a week ago I started cramping and the intensity increase untill they were unbearable. I started spotting very mildly but with extreme cramps. I just saw a flesh like clot that looked almost like a grape bunch with tiny bloodclos on ot. Can it be that I miscarried? but how since I was sterilised and the cramoing did not stop at all, or could it be that is a piece of the wall of my uterus that came loose after not menstruating for almost 3 years?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013