On depo shot to stop periods. Having brown discharge with no smell. Normal?

My name is Doneen Liquori-Martin. I am 21 years old and happily married. My question is I have been having vaginal issues due to a recent trip to Lebanon to visit my family. And have been to many doctor visits, and my GYN puts me on the DEPO shot to see if cancelling my period would relieve any of previous issues. I am getting used to the side effects from the shot, however I am having black/brown discharge with no smell for about a week after my period. Is this common?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013