On depo shot. Gained weight, stretch marks. Eating healthy, doing exercises. Stop depo shot to lose weight?

Hello, my name is Kristin. I m eighteen years old and 5 3. I do the depo shot and also antidepressants, and recently I have gained a substantial amount of weight (30-40 pounds; I am now 160). It has also given me stretch marks . If I stop doing the shot and/or the pills, should it help me lose weight? I ve been trying anything from eating healthy and half the portion to small exorcises and it feels like nothing works.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012