On depo, but have rapid weight gain. Is oral contraceptive pills helpful?

Hi Doc,
I should suppose to have my depo provera injection today for my 2nd shot. But however I don't wish to continue with depo because of rapid weight gain effect on my body. Want I want is to switch into oral contraceptive pills. Just want to ask if it would have the same side effect (weight) for oral contraceptive pills) ?
Does Althea and Diane have the same components? Coz My OB had to chose me for these two oral contraceptive pill.

Thank you

Vanessa Jovita
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013