On daily exercise regimen, have lump on the fibia with major bruising through shin. Can stress fracture heal with a wrap?

Good Evening! I have just started a running regime: 3D/wk and run about 1 mile then finish off with a power~walk which totals 5 miles. The other off days , I do aerobics or other calisthenics and finish with the walking total of 5 miles per day. I have had sharp pain on the end of my fibia in which has a lump that later has developed into major bruising that runs from the shin, around the ankle and to some part of the foot . I have been icing and taking I.B. ONLY when I cannot take the pain any longer since Saturday. I have it wrapped and trying to stay off foot {have 4 children, so, that can be impossible at times!} Question is, IF I have a Stress Fracture , can it be just wrapped to heal? How long before I can return to aerobic activity? Thank you so much for your services to the public and God bless!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012