On contraceptive pill, depo provera and implant. Removed it to start family. Mucousy discharge like gel. Is the discharge unusual?

Hi! I m 36 years of age and have been on some form of contraceptive since the age of 13, pill , then depo provera , then implant, but I had it removed to start a family roughly a fortnight ago. I have had a period which stopped but two days later appeared to start again (yesterday) but today I have had a thick clear, almost odorless mucousy discharge , like gel (with a tiny streak of pink) which I ve never had in such quantities before and I m wondering what it could be. I m reading that it s normal, yet I m not exactly new to being female so wonder if my contraceptives would have stopped it occuring previously or if it s something unusual? Caroline
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012