On birth control trinessa. Missed pills. What do the green pills do?

hello, ive been on birth control for 6ish months now and im taking trinessa. Im taking them everyday but im wondering wat the green pills do? Because I read the instructions and they dont protect me, im not sure if I understand, I missed them and recentlly I also started taking multi- vitamins and minerals . And I hael been worried and need help
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
The green pills are inert. They do not contain hormones. They contain iron and minerals. The white, light blue and blue pills contain hormones. These are taken in the first three weeks. The green pills are taken in the fourth week. You are protected while taking green pills too, because of the effect of hormone pills you have taken in the first three weeks.
You can afford to miss these green pills. You are still protected.
But it is important that you start the next pack as per schedule i.e, on the 29th day.
I hope i have answered your concerns.