On birth control rod, failed to removed, pain in elbow. Should go for surgery or another attempt?

i ve got the birth control rod in been 14 months and 2 months ago i went to have it removed all in i ve had 3 failed attempts the last one sed she couldnt see it but i can feel about 2mm of something under my skin im now getting referred to glasgow for a scan does this mean i ll need surgery or another attempt? im very worried and getting pain down around my elbow .. please can u help? thanks, Mandy
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
if you've had three unsuccessful attempts, I agree that a scan is necessary to digits out exactly where it is. on e they can see it on the scan, a surgical attempt to remove it should be pretty easy. I understand that you are worried, but it shouldn't be much more than a small incision and lots of local anesthesia to make sure you don't feel anything. I wouldn't try another attempt in the which sounds like it will just cause you more aggravation. so sorry that you have to go through all of this, but it sounds like it will be resolved soon. please let me know of you have any more questions, and good luck!