On birth control pills. Have mild spotting. Any other safer contraceptive methods?

Hi I have had three months of continued pill taking. Three different contraceptive pills, lose train 20 was the last. I had a 7 day break and just had spotting, very light period. I ve then started a new packet for two days and felt I should stop taking it because of this and used other methods of contraception . I ve very concerned because I should be on day ten of taking my new packet but feel there may be something wrong.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012