On birth control pill, missed pill, unprotected intercourse, irregular periods, spotting

Hi, i ve been on the pill for 4 years now. This past month i missed taking 3 pills , each at seperate times. Thinking nothing of it, i continued to take the pill as normal and have been sexually active, using no other protection. However, a week before my period was due, i began to show a brownish/pink discharge which changed to a bloody discharge, on and off lasting 3 days. There wasnt much of it and i still continued to take the pill. I ve just finished my 7 day break and the same thing has happened again, though this only started a matter of hours ago and this time, the blood was brownish coloured and again, theres not a lot of it. Is this my period? It seems quite unusual as this hasnt happened to me before and my periods are always regular.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012