On birth-control, ovulating, had brown discharge post unprotected sex. What does it mean?

I m on birth control and have been for around 6 months. I started my period about 2 weeks ago. Today I had unprotected sex three times with my partner, who pulled out the first two times, the third time we didn t go long enough for him to reach that point. I went to the bathroom later and noticed a brown discharge . I read, especially if sex is rough, that the uterus can be irritated in the process and potentially cause old blood spotting . I know I should be ovulating around this time, which makes us so dumb for not using a condom, but what does this discharge mean?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013