On birth control, had lengthy and unusual periods, sharp back and pelvic pains, headaches. Cause of concern?

I am a 25 year old female on birth control . I started my period on Monday which was really 3 days earlier than normal with light brown discharge then started bleeding light red blood I have been on my period for seven days and I usually only have it for 3 or 4 days. I have been having sharp pains in my back, pelvic pain and headaches . I have even had pain in my hips. Should I be concerned.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013