On birth control, getting mucus with little brown blood. What does it mean?

I have been on the pill birth control for 6 years, I am 23 now and my periods on the pill have always been much lighter than before I started the pill. I have to take a pill with a higher amount of progesterone because I was having break through bleeding when I was first put on the pill. For the last year, give or take, my periods have been very heavy (soak a super plus tampon every 2-4 hours for at least 3 days) but the period its self has been a normal length, usually 6 days long. This month my period was very heavy for 5 days, normal for 4 days, then very light with brown blood these last two days, this morning was the 12th day for me to be on my period, when I wiped first thing this morning I had a lot of mucus mixed with a little brown blood and a small (pea to small blueberry) sized peice of grey matter that looked like skin tissue. My husband and I had been intimate last night. What could this mean?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013