On birth control, delayed periods. Dark brown discharge only. Is it normal?

Hi. I was on birth control for about 7 months and stopped taking it October 16 2012. Today is February 17 & ever since I stopped, my period has been regular. I have a period app on my phone when I know I ovulate, period came and ended, and when I marked intercourse. This month however, I was suppose to have my period by the 9-12th day of February. I know when I ovulate, by the way. Anyway, on my period app, it says my period should come the 9th of February. Although, literally the night before, I thought I was going to have my period but I had a dark brown discharge with a mixture of dark blood that was odorless stained on my panties. ( and it was a good amount/ not spotting or a little stain.) I peed and noticed little brown skin that came out. My period is now a week late. Too include: last January ( last month) I had intercourse on my LAST day of my period. My boyfriend didnt cum in me but there wouldn t be any point if he did because I ovulated around 9 days later. Please help me why I am late and what this dark brown discharge meant that night. After I peed, it was long gone.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
May 2013
Fluctuations in the menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes.
The brown discharge you got on your expected date of periods might be menstrual flow only.
Collected blood in the endometrium sometimes comes out as brownish discharge and no need to worry about it.
Scanty flow can be due to causes like
-Decreasing hemoglobin levels,
-Hormonal imbalance due to stress and strain, dietary changes, poly cystic ovary disease etc.
-Thyroid hormonal abnormalities etc.
So as there is no possibility of pregnancy, you observe the next cycle.
If same problem repeats, better to consult gynecologist once and get evaluated.