On birth control, brownish bleeding a week after periods conclusion, had unprotected intercourse. Cause of spotting?

Hi im a 21 year old female currently currently on birth control . my period is usually always on time and lasts for 3 days while im on the pill or 8 days when im off. my period started on a sunday and thats the first day i took my pill. ive been experiencing minor bleeding ( looks brown in colour like it ususally look before my period finishes) for about a week after my period should have been over. i have had intercorse with my bofriend and he has ejaculated in me. i dont know what the issue is please help.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012