On birth control after childbirth. Discolored menstruation. Is this normal?

Hi. I recently gave birth to my daughter 5 months ago and after that I had normal postpregnancy bleeding for 2 weeks. I got my period 4 days later. I started birth control when my daughter was 2 months old and I got a period every month, they were just irregular. My doctor said this normal due to hormonal imbalances. Well I got my 3rd period in November which I was also on my 3rd month of pills. My period started off dark brown for about 4 days then turned into blood and lasted a week. Then I started spotting for like a week and a half after my period ended and now I m bleeding again like a period. All together I ve been bleeding for a bout a month. The blood is not very heavy and its light sometimes. I just want to know if this is normal. My birth control is Sprintec by the way. Please Help!
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013