On birth control. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Nose started bleeding. Is it due to birth control?

My girlfriend has been on birth control for the past 3 months. She hasn t had her period in 40+ days but has had 3 home pregnancy tests show up negative at the 10 days late, 20 days late, and 40 days late marks accordingly. She s had 2 random nosebleeds in the past 2 days but no signs of pregnancy. Could it be due to the birth control?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
The random nose bleeds can be due to the hormonal pills also. But it is best to rule out the local causes like dry nose or infections after a proper examination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,