On birth control. Lower abdominal pain, swelling, hip pain, constipation, brown discharge. Normal?

I am 22 years old, on the pill for over 7 months now. For about a month and a half I have had lower left abdominal pain near my hip. I went to the doctor about a month ago and he said it was constipation, which I questioned at the time and am sure it is not now. The left side looks a bit swollen compared to the right, but this could just be subjective. For the first time today, there were brown streaks in my discharge, other than that this has been normal. I am seeing a doctor today but am a bit worried. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013