On birth control. Have nausea, vomiting, morning sickness. On Levenorgesterel. What is wrong?

write to you in hopes of giving light to some of my problems. I am a 22 year old Asian woman living in a conservative country where it is hard to acquire free consultation, and abortion is illegal and could equate to spending time in jail. I underwent a termination through D&C last December 2011 done by a midwife. As I have mentioned before, abortion is illegal in my country and I had to take the risk to go through with the procedure from unlicensed practitioners. Since then, I have been on the pill (Levenorgesterel and Ethiny Estradiol ). I have been on a normal 28-30 day cycle. Last June-July 2012, I went off the pill to give my body a break from all birth control, but during these months, I had a 54 day cycle. I feared I might be pregnant then, despite numerous pregnancy tests being negative, and the fact that my partner and I used back up birth control ( condoms , withdrawal), but my period arrived after 3 weeks of being late. This year, however, I am experiencing disturbances in my cycle again. My LMP was on January 30, I took the pill 3 days later, on February 5, my partner and I had sex and in fear of not being protected, I decided to take ECPs in the form of my birth control pills taken at 12 hour intervals. I was expecting my period on the February 28. Up until now, I haven t gotten my period. I have experienced headaches on February 27 and no further symptoms since then. I am watching out for early pregnancy symptoms such as implantation bleeding, nausea, vomiting morning sickness , emotional breakouts, breast tenderness and migraines, but none have presented itself as of now. I have been performing home pregnancy tests for every week that my period is late, and as I have mentioned, I just finished my 5th pregnancy test for the third week that I am late and it is still negative. I am wondering, Is it possible that my birth control failed and that I am pregnant? Or could this be a side effect of my birth control pills? I have read about Asherman s Syndrome from women who have underwent D&C, could this be the underlying cause of the absence of my period? I would like to have myself tested for a blood test, but the problem is, I have to consult a gynecologist in my country and I would have to admit undergoing a backyard abortion a couple of years ago. I hope you understand my situation and answer my questions. Hoping for your response, Angelique
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013