On birth control. Had unusual light brown bleeding during periods. Passed grey tissue. Suggestions?

I ve been on birth control for like 5 or 6 months now. Lately I ve been having heavy periods however I just came off my last period which was a day or 2 late and it was unusually light with brown bleeding , no red. Like I didn t even need a pad for the entire thing. Last night, the last day of it, I passed grey spidery shaped tissue and I haven t really bled since then. I m confused by what happened and my husband doesn t think it anything. Anything you can tell me?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
May 2013
While being on contraceptive pills, you will get only withdrawal bleeding instead of regular menstrual bleeding.
And because of the low level of hormones present in the pills, usually the withdrawal bleeding will be lighter than the normal menstrual flow.
And some women may have complete amenorrhea for few months.
So no need to worry about it.
If you use the tablets as per the recommend schedule, the possibility of pregnancy is very less.
The brown tissue you have seen could be endometrial lining which might have shed during the withdrawal bleeding.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shoaib Khan's  Response
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Brown bleeding or discharge is a sign of either a beginning period or one that is ending, this can be related to your case. Otherwise it is seen in the presence of infections or a miscarriage.

As for the greyish material you passed, this could be either stagnant blood that at times accumulates during a period, clots and then passes out as unidentified material or contents of conception (post-miscarriage). It is difficult to conclude through an online consultation, so please visit your doctor for an examination and conclusion. But as of now, it should not be a cause for concern.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.