On antidepressants. Feeling weak emotions, no social activity, low energy. Need help

Hey I m really in a bad spot right now with every passing day its harder and harder and harder to do anything I cant function anymore I don t see the point anymore my memory , focus basically all of mental health isn t there I feel like a slow retard and I very rarely consume any mind altering substances also I have very little energy to do anything. When I m not depressed I don t care about anything and the things that I should care about and feel happy about them. I can feel how my brain or my whole self is just degrading with weeks,months and years passing, I have been trying to resolve it for years now, I ve taken antidepressants for 1.5 years altogether and the result I have is even worse mental function and weak emotions, more like ignore everything around me type of mentality, I respond very little to social activity (i.e. talk very little, don t know what to say, don t get the jokes or not find them funny). I feel like the end is near. I ve spent loads of money on supplements , herbal remedies to try and get more energy and fix my mental health but no big results came from that. I m so sensitive to everything and even the slightest things can upset me so much that if something really bad happens I think I might just end my life because from inside it s too much to handle. And I have another problem, I don t feel anything when having sex no joy or nothing and I can t reach orgasm s, I ve started my sex life when I just turned 17 and I m 23 now, male. If I don t get help and get better I think it s gonna be the end of me soon. I m sorry to pour all of this self pity on you but I m lost for hope and I can t talk to anyone about this because its pointless it s not gonna change anything if I do. Steve.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Dear Steve,
I don't know what were the medicines you tried. But there are a lot of them (around 35) if one antidepressant did not suit you some other will be helpful. May be you are having Bipolar Disorder ad presently in a depressed state
Psychotherapies will not be of great help at this stage.
Electro Convulsive Therapy (ECT) is a safe and effective treatment for severe depression. More effective than any other treatment. It is a painless procedure with proven safety. Unfortunately it is a treatment which most misunderstood (due to propaganda by antipsychiatry groups). In spite of having long years of experience and good scientific evidence supporting it, the treatment is not popular due to these misconceptions. I think you should consult a psychiatrist and discuss this option.
Also watch this video
http://youtu.be/oEZrAGdZ1i8