On and off stabbing pain behind belly button. Pregnancy test negative. Cause for pain?

Hello! I had some pain behind my belly button this morning that lasted a little over an hour. It was on and off for an hour and ranged from mild pain to sharp stabbing/pulling pain behind the belly button. I ve only experienced this once before, around 6 months ago, a few days after an early miscarriage . The pain then was also on and off but milder and lasted maybe 2 days. I took a pregnancy test again today and it was negative. I m at day 34 of my cycle so I am a few days late. My average cycle is 30 days. If I m not pregnant, what is the cause of the belly button pain? Pre- menstrual cramps feel different. I would appreciate your help. Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013