On Z-pack for bronchitis, persisting cough, difficulty in bringing up phlegm. Is it progressing to pneumonia?

My dad is 90. He had a cold for which I took him to an immediate care facility last Monday 1/14. The doctor there gave him a Zpack of antibiotics and said it was bronchitis . Dad finished the antibiotics on Friday and is still coughin (mostly at night) and can not get the phelgm up. What does come up is extremely thick and yellow/green. He is also complaining of pain in his left side so I m thinking he strained a muscle coughing. I ve been giving him Rubitussin expectorant but it doesn t seem to be helping. He s finally sleeping now (up most of the night) but should I get him up and take him back to the ICC? I m afraid this is progressing into pneumonia .
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013