On Warfarin for AF. Am I still protected from getting a stroke?

I am on Warfarain for my AF, my inr readings have been very consistant for 10 months but my latest reading is down to 1.6 from a consistant 2.3 - 2.9. I have been given a slight increase in my dosage from 4mgs to 5mgs, during this interim period which I presume will result in my inr getting back to the safer area, am I still protected from getting a stroke? I am concerned as I understand a stroke emanating from an AF attack is a serious stroke? Raymond
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013