On UTI treatment, taking trimethoprim, have nausea, headache, fatigue, positive pregnancy test after withdrawing from birth control pills. Will urine infection affect results of pregnancy test?

hi, im really worried and i hope that you can help me and put my mind at rest. I have been on the contraceptive pill for about a month, i had really bad side affects such as nausea headaches feeling tired all the time ect. I decided to stop taking it last week 5/6 days ago. i went to see my doctor because i had a urine infection, she gave me a prescription for trimethoprim and told me to take a pregnancy test in a week, I have been vomiting ever since i stopped taking the pills. i took a pregnancy test last night and it come back positive. i know its silly but could this be because i have a urine infection or am i really pregnant?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012