On Trigeminal neuralgia medicines, out of station, advised increase in dosage due to increased pain. Can I take 2 tegretol(200mg)?

I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia and currently taking 800mg of Prolonged Tegretol a day (400 in morning and 400 in evening). However, it is very painful at the moment. My doctor said I could increase to 600 if necessary, but Im abroad at the moment and want to check. I still have some of the normal tegretol (200mg) and wondering if i can take one or two of those to help me as I cannot speak at the moment and it s so difficult to eat. I hope you can give me some advice on what i can do.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012