On Tri-sprintec, had missed the timings of intake, have smelly periods. Is this common?

I ve been on Tri-Sprintec for 24 days. I started my period on my normal time which is the 10th of the month I ve been on my period for 12 days now and it s not heavy nor light its normal. I took my birth control once to early by an hour because I was tubing and I had to guess what the time was and the second I was taking a nap and I took it 4 hours late. Since ive been on it for 12 days my period smells more drastic than normal. Is this common? Why am I still on it? Is this bad?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012