On Tri-Sprintec, time of consumption varied after travelling abroad. Is it still effective ?

Hello, I am currently on Tri-Sprintec and have been for about eight months now. I was recently abroad for a month and had to change the time I usually take my birth control . However, I was due to start a new pack and wanted to switch back to the old time. I had been taking the pill at 1pm EST. I took my last placebo pill on Monday. I was due to start a new pack on Tuesday, so I started the new pack at 11pm EST, the original time I had been taking my birth control. I have continued to take the pills at the same time everyday, 11pm. However, now I am wondering if the effectiveness was compromised by the change in time? My boyfriend and I had sex on Sunday, and, prior to putting on the condom, he was inside me briefly. If effectiveness was compromised, and it was necessary to use a back-up method, is withdrawal an effective enough back-up method comparable to using a condom?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013