On Nortrel, was getting regular periods week before placebo. Delayed periods. Is it due to stress ?

I ve been on Nortrel ( birth control pill ) for over a year now, and for the past 4 months I ve been getting my period a week before the placebo pill is supposed to start. It s been really annoying because before that it started the first day of the placebo pill every month like clockwork. My gynecologist said it s from stress , but I don t feel overly stressed. Life has been pretty normal. I take my pills every day at the same time as well.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013