On Nora-Be pill. Experiencing brown discharge frequently, greater quantity. Change pill?

I m 21 years old and have been on the Nora-Be pill for about 4 months after being switched from the 2 hormone pills due to a family history of aneurysm and a personal history of migraines. I had no problems with the pill up until last month when I started experiencing strange brown discharge , sometimes thick and light brown with a creamy texture and other times dark and watery. Usually it started in the morning and stopped sometime in the afternoon and happened a few days out of the week. I assumed that it was old blood that wasn t released because on Nora-Be you don t get your period and that my body was still adjusting to the change. But for the last two weeks I ve been experiencing the discharge more frequently and in greater quantity; it is dark brown and looks as if it has a small amount of red blood in it. I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I have never been pregnant. Should I be concerned and change my pill now or should I give my body more time to adjust? Should I get a pregnancy test too because these pills are supposedly less effective?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013