On Nadalol for neurocardiogenic syncope. Shin, ankle swelling, bruising after being hit by a frisbee. Matter of concern?

Hi. I am a 38 year old female in good health generally but take nadalol for neurocardiogenic syncope . I was recently hit by a frisbee on my left upper calf . I developed a softball size bruise and hard knot and swelling. I had difficulty walking for a few days. Also had muscle spasms. Used some cooling gel (banalg) and a heating pad for the spasms. The calf got better but now my shin and ankle are bruised purple with some ankle swelling. What is causing the the new bruising and swelling on my shin and ankle and should I be concerned? Thank you for your advice.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013