On Mirena IUD, have sharp uterine pains during intercourse, occurs on a pinpoint on each side of uterus, never together. Cause?

Hi, I recently had the Mirena IUD inserted. I chose this one because my anemia is caused by me period (which occured every three weeks), and I always had severe cramping. For the first three months of having it I had no period, which I read happens with most women. However after those three months I started bleeding with minor cramping (minor as in nearly unnoticable). To be honest I was freaked out because I thought perhaps the birth control failed and I miscarried due to the IUD (I became pregnant seven months ago while on the patch and miscarried at eleven weeks). I took a test and it was negative. That was a month ago. Lately I have been feeling sharp pains in my uterus (NOT cramping) during intercourse and even if I shift a certain way while sitting. This occures on a pinpoint on each side of my uterus, but the pain is never on both sides at the same time. The planned parenthood doctors are not being helpful. Do you think my IUD is out of place? Or I am having an allergic reaction to it? Etc. I am really worried... Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012