On Mirena IUD, bleeding since 14 days with bad smell. Swabs came as gardnerella vaginalis. Is it infection ?

I started my period on the night of 6/2/13 and the next day I have had a mirena IUD put in on 7/2/13 and have bled for 14 days after having it in. Pain, 8 pads a day full and bad odour. I had it take back out on 21/2/13. I m on two different mess amoxycillin and metronizadole. Bleeding and tenderness still there. And tests of the mirena and swabs came back gardnerella vaginalis . My gync said just keep taking the antibiotics and all should settle down in the mean time. But what I want to know is what is this bacterial infection doing to me internally. Why also would I still be bleeding? I can t afford this. Sorry :-(
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013