On Metoprolol for high tachardia pulse, switched to verapamil. Resting heart rate fluctuates, BP low. Side effects ?

Yes I ve had not recently but twice I went into er with extremely high tachardia pulse 168 and pulse of 150 . was put on metoprolol 12.5mg to start with then was switched to 25mg for maybe a week . I felt some of the side effects were to much so I called my doctor and she wanted to switch me to verapamil 120mg. I m reluctant to take this as since quiting metoprolol my heart doesn t beat to crazy nor is my blood pressure reading high rarely going above 120/80. My resting heart rate fluctuates between 60 s up to 90 s and any little excercise it shoots up fast I m just concerned that the verapamil when my heart is low and blood pressure low will cause me to drop to low.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012