On Levothyroxine. TSH level abnormal? What about the IVF solution?

I had my TSH checked in Aug 12 and it was 6.17. The GP gave me Levothyroxine 25mg. 4 weeks later I had my TSH level retested and went up to 6.57. The GP put me on 50mg. 10 days ago I have been moved on 100 mg. I had a cycle of IVF between this time which didn t work. When I asked at the IVF clinic if it is ok to start my IVF even my TSH was so high, the consultant said that I should not worry because my hypo is mild. Is this right? How long does it take for my TSH level to go under 2 so I can start the next IVF cycle?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012