On Implanon implant, have sudden onset of bleeding. Does this mean that the implant has lost effectiveness?

Hello I had Implanon contraceptive implant inserted in August 2010, so it is due out in August this year; since having he implant I have not had any periods or bleeding in nearly 3 years and now I have suddenly started. I have all the symptoms of a normal period and nothing is excessive or worrying. However it is concerning me as the implant is nearly due to be replaced and now I am suddenly having a period, I wanted to know if this means the implant has stopped working?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013