On IVF treatment, cyst on left ovary. Prescribed microgynon pill. Will it reduce cyst size?

hi, i have been in ivf treatment and at the point of starting the medicine doctor realized that i have a 4cm cyst in my left ovary . he told me i can not start ivf treatment and he gave me Microgynon pill to take for a month. i am wondering if it helps me to reduce the cyst or not?i was waiting for starting ivf treatment for a long time and now this happened to me and i couldnt start that. i am really upset and worry about this situation.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012