On IUD, get heavy periods, bladder pressure causing cramps, pains with physical exercise, regular bleeding on starting yoga. Normal?

Hi there I currently have a UID. The copper coil. I have had it for 4 years now. For the most part I ve been uncomfortable. Any pressure from my bladder gives me cramps like I m on my period. My periods are heavier and the pains are bad. (As I expected as I had read about that being the case) Any physical exercise usually results in me getting pains, so I m not going to the gym as much and that makes me unhappy. Well I recently started yoga and am now bleeding every day. I also have cramps/pains. Its hurting and I am not happy about it. The reason I went for the copper coil is because I wanted to avoid hormones. Are these symptoms normal? I dont feel good. Should I see someone? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
dear user
you are using IUD cu T as contraceptive . mild bleeding that intermensrual bleeding some time is common . but heavy bleeding and pain should not be there .
intensive pain occur when cu t is not properly placed . or very less because of perforation or infection called pelvic inflammatory disease .

as u have continuous bleeding this is causing weakness in you .
u should consult to your gynecologist for all complaint .
get whole abdomen sonography .
get your hemoglobin done .
hope this will help u

dr neha