On Follicular study, pelvic USG done. What do the parameters mean?

Hello doctor, this is my report ( USG PELVIS - Follicular study ) can u explain this in detail Day of cycle: 12 Right ovary: Multiple small follicles 3-6mm in diameter. Left ovary: Multiple small follicles 3-6mm in diameter. The right ovary measures 4.6x3.6x2.5cm (estimated volume=21.4 cm³). The left ovary measures 3.9x3.2x2cm (estimated volume=12.9 cm³). Endometrial thickness (Bilayer): 4mm.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi . Your Ultrasound reports shows that you have multiple follicles none of which is maturing. This happens in Polycystic Ovarian Diesease. In this disease there is a hormonal imbalance resulting in increase estrogen. This is causing increased thickness of your endometrium.
You need to get yourself checked with OBGyn. She will run some tests and start you on metformin and OCPs. This balance the hormones. Remember this disease also results in infertility until hormonal balance is achieved.

I hope this addresses your concern . Feel free to contact me if you have any other concerns