On Ersidrex, concor. Significant change in heart rate. Should it be taken life long?

my heart pulse rate was 103 bpm when my bp was 140/90. my doctor put me on concor AM 5mg and Ersidrex 12.5mg daily dose. Have been taking it for the past 4 months but stopped and started with DASH foods and regular exercise 1hr jogging every other day. My heart rate now reads 52 but my BP has not significantly changed. its now 130/80 am i ok. should i start taking the medicine. I fear to take it for life. advice.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013