On Eptoin since craniactomy, cranioplasty post gun shot injury, has not suffered convulsion recently. Is it safe to stop Eptoin?

hello sir, i am an ophthalmologist . my father has got a gun shot injury at his temple in last nov 2011. he has recovered now but the pellets are inside the brain only. he underwent craniactomy followed by cranioplasty in nov 2011 and in may 2012 consecutively. he is continously taking tab eptoin 300mg HS since the day of surgery and now almost 10 months have been passed. i just want to know can i stop his eptoin now or it has to be given him life long? he has never suffered from convulsion meanwhile.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012