On Epilim for 30 years, steady increase in weight, no seizures. Any alternatives I can take ?

i have been on Epilim for 30 years beginning when I was 19 for epilepsy . When I am on Epilim my weight steadily increases and I am now morbidly obese. In my pregnancies I was on other medications and the weight dropped off. I feel caught in the good control Epilim offers as I have been seizure free for nearly 20 years and the weight gain which must be having negative side effects. I also have a family history of heart disease so I am quite concerned. Can you suggest any alternatives or approach I should take
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013