On Biaxin XL500 for sinusitis, have difficulty in smelling or tasting, had burned breathing post cleaning with vinegar. What could be the cause?

Hi Dr., I recently had sinusitis and have been on Biaxin XL500 for several days. I can breath through my nose fine and feel fine. However, i am unable to smell or taste. It concerns me because I have had very bad sinus infections before and never lost my sense of taste and smell. I can smell some things and taste some things but not very well at all. A week before I became sick i was cleaning with Vinegar and the smell was so strong that it burned when I breathed. Could this have played a part in my problem? Like I said, my head does not feel stuffy, it does feel dry though. Can you help?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012