On BP medicines felodopine, ramipril, reduced dosage caused rapid heart beat, palpitations. Reaction to dosage ?

Hi. I have been on blood pressure medication for many years. I currently take 10mg ramipril and 5 mg felodopine. I am aged 56 and have been walking and riding a bike for exersize for a year and my bp has been steady at 130/80. i recently started to reduce my bp medication by half and my bp only went up slightly, but I have been experiencing periods of rapid heart beat 100+and palpitations and am feeling quite anxious. Would this be caused by my sudden reduction in medication ( the ramipril in particular) and if so how long will it take for me to feel better now I have resumed taking medication as prescribed. Thanks Ian
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012