On Avelox for a sinus staph infection, not cured yet. Severe headache. Any suggestions ?

My ENT put me on Avelox for a sinus staph infection that has not been cured by many other drugs. Within a few minutes of taking the 4th dose, I experienced a severe headache . I went ahead and took the 5th dose and the headache persists. I called the ENT s office. My doctor was in surgery and could not be consulted but his assistant wants to treat the pain and wants me to continue taking Avelox. What would you recommend?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012