On Accutane from a long term, have hair thinning, bald spot on scalp. How can I reverse this side effect?

Hello, I took accutane almost 14 years ago and my hair has been thinning for the past 10 years. I am a 31 year old female and now have hair so thin that my scalp is exposed and I have an actual bald spot on my scalp. Research shows (along with several online chat boards full of people complaining of the same permanent hair loss ) that hair loss is a common and sometimes permanent side effect of accutane. My question is how can I reverse this side effect? I know it tends to affect and kill sebum producing glands. Is that what is causing the hair loss and can it be reversed with supplements to kick those (hair producing) systems back into gear?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012