On 2nd day of periods. Can I stop it by taking Norethisterone tablets?

Hi there, my period came 1 week earlier just when my holiday trip is 2 days away. It was quite light at first, so immediately I went to see a gp & was prescribed Norethisterone 3 times a day. Current I m on my 2nd day and I don t see the period stopping or getting lighter instead, the flow seems to be slightly heavier though. Tomorrow would be my trip, if I continue to take the pill 3 times daily will my period flow get lighter or stop? Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013