Old aged, hypertensive. Medication makes him sedate, sleepy. Advised losartan, amlodopine. Suggestion?

hello doc, my father is 70 yrs and is essential hypertensive since the age of 17ys when it was 1st diagnosed. he is on no medication ever in his life though his bp is 170/100. he has no medical or heart problems till date . any medicine given to him to lower his bp makes him sedate and he sleeps all day and says heavyness in his head. he does yoge every day for 45 min. he is 60 kgs and not overwt. no heart /angina history . my doc. here has asked to give him losartan 25mg with amlodopine 2.5 as a starting dose to lower his bp. kindly advice. Dr RISHI
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013